Suspicious e-mails and text messages: be vigilant!
We'd like to remind you to be vigilant about online scams that can be perpetuated through fraudulent e-mails and text messages (often sent via WhatsApp) that claim to be sent from Air France. These e-mails and text messages are sent by scammers attempting to obtain your personal information (bank details, proof of identity...). This type of attack is also known as “phishing.”
What to do if you think you have received a dubious e-mail or text message?
Protect yourself by doing the following each time you receive an e-mail or SMS text message:
- check to see if you recognize the sender. Never open any attachments and do not click on any links,
- never provide your bank details or personal data.
How to spot a fraudulent e-mail or text message
Consider an e-mail potentially suspicious if it contains any of the following:
- The subject line contains unrealistic promises or unusual offers, e.g. "Free Air France tickets to all destinations,” or “Air France, your vouchers are about to expire”
- You are asked to provide your bank account details
- The e-mail asks you to act fast, e.g. complete a refund form, provide payment
- The e-mail is poorly written or contains spelling mistakes, e.g. “You can now travell for free with airfrance”
- The e-mail is sent from a free e-mail account (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, WhatsApp, etc.)
How to recognize an official e-mail
Air France will only send you 2 types of messages. Here are the lists of e-mail addresses most used by Air France, according to the type of message.
These e-mails inform you about promotions or special offers, as well as new destinations and services provided by Air France. You will never be asked to provide any personal details in response to these e-mails.
Information about your trip
If you booked a trip, you may receive an e-mail asking you to provide certain details required by the authorities in your destination country. We will also send you an e-mail reminding you to check in. This type of e-mail will always contain information that you recognize, like your booking reference or your Flying Blue number.
View the list
Surveys, games, contests...
Air France may invite you to participate in surveys related to our services, surveys on your expectations or even games or contests.